|“||Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone that which is his due.||”|
— Justinian I
Byzantineball, also known as the Byzantiumball, the Eastern Roman Empireball or Byzantine Empireball, and
Byzantine Caesarndomball is a Medieval countryball that occupied the Balkans and the Middle East as well as North Africa and what is today Italy at some point with the glory of Rome.
Despite historical misconception, he was not the successor of SPQRball. He was the Roman Empireball, and called himself so.
Eastern Roman Empireball was formed after Constantine I the Great shifted the capital of SPQRball from Rome to the ancient city of Byzantium. Constantine then renamed this city Constantinople and also gained a new set of prestigous titles, such as "New Rome(Nova Roma)", "Second Rome(Roma Secunda)", "Basileuousa(Queen of Cities)", "Megalopolis(the Great City)", "Tsargrad(Slavic name of Constantinople)" and more.
When the Western Roman Empireball finally collapsed in 476 and Rome was captured by some barbarians, the East was still stable and thus, didn't completely collapsed by some hungry people like the Sassanidsball and the Germanic tribes.
Between 502-506, a war erupted between them and their old arch-nemesis, the Sassanids. Despite giving the Sassanids a good fight, they were forced to pay them 1,000 pounds of gold.
In 527, Justinian I ascended to the throne. He dreamed of reuniting the Roman Empire into one single entity. He however, needs to deal with the pesky Sassanids who wanted to flex their muscles and capture Dara. Just like their previous fight, despite giving their best, they were forced to pay 11,000 pounds of gold.
With the eastern frontier now secured, Justinian dispatched his army to reconquer the west. This armies were led by some of his best generals, which includes Mundus, Narses and of course, Belisarius. By 555, Eastern Rome achieved their apex.
All good things must come to end however, as after Justinian's death, the empire was attacked in multiple fronts. In Spain, the Visigoths halted the Byzantine advance and recaptured a lot of settlements. In Italy, the Lombards invaded and overran the weak force of Byzantines stationed there. In the Balkans, the Avars, Slavs and later, the Bulgars pillaged cities and towns. And in the east, war with the Persians raged on. In 582, the Emperor Maurice mobilized an army and defeated the Avars and Slavs. However, it made the empire bankrupt and Maurice ordered his troops he left to campaign in the winter. Instead of campaigning, the troops mutinied and Phocas, the leader, deposed Maurice and executed him and proclaimed himself emperor. Since the shah, Khosrow II was a close friend of Maurice, this started a 26-year long war against the Sassanian Persians. Despite the Romans being kicked by the Persians, Heraclius, a son of the exarch of Africa, deposed Phocas, executed him, proclaimed himself emperor and started a counteroffensive, which saw the Byzantines using the powerful uno reverse card against the Sassanians. Heraclius also forged an alliance with the Gokturks and their new Turkic buddy also kicked the Sassanians. Heraclius then besieged Ctesiphon for the 6th and final time(the Romans besieged the city for 5 times) and the Sassanians, with no other choice, executed Khosrow and installed Kavadh II as the new shah. Kavadh signed a humiliating treaty with Heraclius, which reversed all Sassanian gains, pay a war indemnity, return all prisoners of war and of course, return the holy relics captured during the Sack of Jerusalem.
Despite reversing all Sassanian gains, both empires were exhausted during the war. In 632, just a few years after hostilities ceased, a new empire emerged in the Middle East and that was the Rashidunball. The kebabs managed to destroy both the Sassanian and Byzantine armies in multiple battles, in which the Arabs turned Persia into kebab while the Byzantines ultimately survived.
Also, Latin was dying and was replaced by Greek on the orders of Hercalius in 610. With this end, Latin died within the Roman Empire and the existing Roman titles were replaced in Greek(example, Augustus was renamed to Sebastos, Caesar to Kaisar, Imperator to Autokrator, and many more). They also introduced many other titles.
Despite all this setbacks, the Romans got back on their feet and managed to slap back their enemies, especially the kebabs and the Bulgarians, whose Tsar Simeon repeatedly defeated the Romans in many battles. It was finally under the Macedonian Dynasty that the Byzantine Empire reached their apex(medieval version), stretching from the Balkans in the west to the Caucasus in the east, up to Crimea in the north and to the south, restored Roman rule in Northern Syria. The Macedonian Resurgence happened thanks to this three emperors, Nikephoros II Phokas, John I Tzimiskes and of course, Basil II "Bulgar-Slayer".
However, after Basil's death in 1025. The empire went into decline as the Themata(theme) System(a military system where recruits receive a piece of land in exchange of military service) was left neglected and instead, emperors began investing mercenaries, becoming too-reliant on them. Other factors of the decline include civil strife, mismanagement, rebellions and many others. The Battle of Manzikert severely weakened Byzantine hegemony in Anatolia and later, the Seljuq Turks started taking Anatolia from the Romans.
After the disaster at Manzikert, Gen. Alexios I Komnenos usurped the throne from Nikephoros III and proclaimed himself "Emperor and Autokrat of the Romans", inheriting a collapsing empire because the kebabs and the Normans started taking their clay, Alexios' military energy managed to save the empire ultimately and started the final golden age of Nova Roma, known as "Komnenian Restoration". The Komnenian Dynasty was also the last great dynasty to rule over the Byzantine Empire. His successor, John II Komnenos, managed to recover Southern Turkey up to bits of Northern Syria while in the north, managed to link up again with Trebizond. He also managed to reconquer parts of Caucasus and revassalise the Balkans and the Kingdom of Hungary. His successor, Manuel I Komnenos, commenced another series of succesful campaigns against the Turks and the Hungarians, although suffered a crushing defeat at Myriokephalon(1176) .
After Manuel's death in 1181, Nova Roma entered a state of decline and turmoil. In 1185, they lost Bulgaria again to 2 nobles, Peter and Asen, who established Second Bulgarian Empireball. Later, a dynasty known as Angeloi, was raised in the Imperial Purple and were notoriously known for being the shittiest rulers in Byzantine history aside Phocas. In 1204, the Crusaders sacked the Basileuousa, since the city contained vast amounts of ancient and medieval works, they were all destroyed and many lose their homes. The sacking gained controversy and reduced the power of the Byzantines, the Crusaders later established the Latin Empire which composed of Thrace and Constantinople itself. The Byzantine Empire itself was divided into 3 parts, namely Empire of Trebizond, Empire of Nicaea and Despotate of Epirus, with some Crusaders declaring their own kingdoms separate from the Latin Empire, the most notable of this is the Kingdom of Thessalonica.
In 1261, the Nicaeans finally recaptured Constantinople through a secret passage leading to the city. Emperor Michael VIII Paleologus set out to reunite the former Byzantine territories which included Greece, Cyprus and Northern Anatolia. Under his rule, the empire experienced a brief recovery. However, after his death, his new clay started being invaded by the Ottoman Turks and Serbians. During John V's reign, the empire only consisted of some parts of Morea(Peloponnesus), some islands, Epirus, Trebizond and Constantinople itself. Under Manuel II, the empire managed to recover whole of Morea but in 1453, the Ottomans captured the Queen of Cities, marking the end of Byzantine Empire and his remnant states.
- SPQRball - My stronk and big father. I wanna revive his old glory days and avenge him from those barbaric assholes!
- Greeceball - My Descendant. He is very poor now and in debt. He needs a lot of money 💰 💴 💵.
- Serbiaball - My adoptive son and vow enforcer to remove all kebab (he also has my flag on his coat of arms). His ancestor was my enemy though.
- Russiaball - Heir to the legacy of
kebab removingEastern Orthodox, and he considered himself as the next Rome.
- Western Roman Empireball - He was my brother/ally before getting killed by Germaniaball.
- Empire of Nicaeaball - Hero who helped me kill Latin Empireball and resurrected me.
- Republic of Genoaball - He helped me in my final battle against kebab! I thank him for that.
- Gokturkball - Non-kebab Turkic friend who hates Persia too. But I hate his Evil descendant!
- Ghassanidsball - good
buffer statefriend. sadly he have been killed by him
- Ayyubidball - I'm sorry for battling yuo. Cause Salahuddin was a wise leader. Yuo are one of good kebabs. When the crusader failed to conquer Jerusalem, yuo still allow them to pray there. May God bless yuo and thanks for returning St Sepulchre key to me.
- Timurid Empireball - Thanks for repelling the Ottoman for a few years.
- Kingdom of Aksumball- My african orthadox brother. The Lihebella church was beautiful and constructed and exteremly holy!! I respect that
- Kievan Rusball - At first we were rivals and he even raided Constantinople but when he converted to Orthodox Christianity, I decided to take him under my wing and I even developed an alphabet for him(The Cyrillic Alphabet) that was based on the Greek language. Some his warriors also served as elite guards for my emperors.
- Taugastball - Thank you for all the silk brought to the Empire. You are good at treating neck swelling and punishing criminals and you are good at making nice containers. Maybe... just maybe... you are civilized... as me. No SCRATCH THAT! You are civilized. That's why I made an embassy in Khubdan (Chang'an). If you weren't civilized I would do no such thing. You have an embassy in my empire too. We are good trading partners.
- Kebab Removers - 4 Historical nations who all fought that evil Kebab, so they're good.
- Kebab - BLOOD-THIRSTY SHAME OF EARTH HEATHEN! WORST AND MOST EVIL ARCH-ENEMY! HE STOLE MY SWEET AND CUTE CONSTANTINOPLE! At least my people he did not being removed and GO AGAINST CRUSADER STATE THAT WOUNDED MY CONSTANTINOPLE!!! 1453 WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! AND I STILL HATE YOU DESPITE BEING THAT! REMOVE KEBAB!!!
- Sassanidball- This MANBIRD ruined the 7th century. And he was my main enemy in middle east. At the start of the war, i lost heavy to him, even Jerusalem almost fell to him. But luckily, Islam's Holy Quran predicted that someday, he will defeated by me. And it was true but I still want to keep my clay. I respect kebabs(NOT THAT SO CALLED OTTOMAN AKA WORST SMELLYM KEBAB EMPIRE EVER).
- Hunball - He came here and took clay from Germaniaball and me. This forced Germaniaball to take clay from SPQRball.
- Visigothic Kingdomball - I tried and failed to invade him, he of beings anschlussed by kebab soon anyways.
- Germaniaball - He killed my father and my brother then he became an impostor of SPQRball.
- Veniceball - Ruined me for good! He also raped my peoples!
- Latin Empireball - Evil Catholics that stole my glorious city of Constantinople. He is another impostor!!!
- Kievan Rusball(Formerly) - We used to fight a lot and he even seiged Constantinople. But he got better later on when he converted to Orthodoxy, adopted the Cyrillic alphabet(That we invented for him) and some of his warriors served as elite guards for my emperorers.
- Serbian Empireball - You kept attacking me and taking my clay. But our descendants are best of friends though.
- Second Bulgarian Empireball - Stop revolting and stealing my clay! You are of Byzantineball! Why can't you be nice like Serbiaball?
- First Bulgarian Empireball - He was even worse than his son! Took a lot of my European clay and nearly took Constantinople...922 NEVER FORGET! YUO WERE VERY HARD TO REMOVE UNTIL 1018!
- Umayyadball - This kebab has tried to besiege Constantinople but failed. Hahahaha...!!! But his revenge was avenged by !@#$%^&* kebab! !@#$%^&*!!!!
- Seljukball - AAAH! STOP ATTACKING ME YUO KEBAB!!! IF YUO WANT INTO CONQUER JERUSALEM, STOP DRIVING OUT THE NON MUSLIM!!! Of course I know crusaders took Jerusalem and killed your people and I HATE CRUSADER LESS THAN KEBAB!!! ALSO 1071AD NEVER FORGET YOU ARRGOANT GOATSHIT BITCHTATOR!!!
- Bagratid Armeniaball - Stole all his clay and didn't leave enough soldiers to defend it afterwards, leaving it open for kebab invasion. Oops!
- Rashidunball- Pls of stop taking muh clay! And i hate kebabs! This kebab also ruined muh 7th century! BTW, Thanks for removing this so called Sassanidball AKA MANBIRD WORSHIPPER. But you are even worser then them! REMOVE THIS IDIOT SMELLY CALIPH KEBAB FROM PREMISES!!! YUO TAKE HALF OF MY CLAYS!!! NEVER FORGET BATTLE OF YARMOUK, SIEGE OF BABYLONIA FORTRESS, AND BATTLE OF MASTS!!!
- Holy Roman Empireball - IMPOSTOR! But also helped with crusades and was one of the leading forces with the Papal States who went to destroy me and you did not even take my clay after you killed me you just gave my dead clay to Kebab I see you never changed your barbaric Germanic ways
- Crusaders - You traitors! We could've removed Kebab together but instead you had to plunder my resources and people and weaken me, allowing for the Ottomans to take me out earlier you are the reason for Kebab and you are descended from those filthy German barbarians
- Pope Innocentius III - !@#$%^&* POPE!!! WHATS THE REASON YUO TRY TO RAIDING ME?!!! JUST BECAUSE YUOR !@#$%^&* CRUSADERS DIDNT HAVE MONEY WHEN THE VENICE TRADERS SERVE THEM?!!! AND THE VENICE TOLD YUOR CRUSADER TO RAID ME?!!! PREPARE YUOR MONEY FIRST BEFORE YUOR CRUSADER GO TO EGYPT!!! AND YUO SHOULD CONQUER JERUSALEM, NOT RAIDING MY CLAY!!
- Plague of Justinian/Bubonic Plague - ΕΙΝΑΙ ΠΕΡΙΣΣΟΤΕΡΑ ΜΑΘΗΜΑ ΜΟΥ ΜΟΥ ΜΠΟΡΕΙ ΤΟ ΠΟΛΟ Ελπίζω ΠΟΤΕ ΕΠΙΣΤΡΟΦΗ ΑΠΟΚΑΤΑΣΤΗΣΤΕ ΑΥΤΟ ΤΟ ΣΚΥΛΟ ΩΣ ΠΛΑΓΑ ΑΦΑΙΡΕΣΤΕ ΤΗΝ ΑΦΑΙΡΕΣΗ!! YUO KILLED 50 MILLION PEOPLE AND MANY OF MY PEOPLE! REMOVE PLAGUE! REMOVE PLAGUE! GO TO HELL AND NEVER COMEBACK YOU MURDERER!
How to Draw
Drawing Byzantiumball is rather confusing considering the amount of possible designs you can chose from, but the most common is:
- Draw a circle colored red
- Draw a cross colored gold
- Since you drew a gold cross, the red circle is separated into quadrants, in those quadrants, draw the Greek letter "B" in gold. On the left quadrants, make them face the opposite direction
- Draw two eyes and you're done!