|This page may be spammed with biased information.|
You can improve this article by removing propaganda from the premises. Also please visit the Talk page for this category.
Relations and opinions
|British Hong Kongball|
Is of importants
Can into space?
|“||Milk Tea anyone? If no, does some Butter Pineapple Bun interest you ah?||”|
Hong Kongball , officially
Milk Teaball Hong Kong Special Administrative Regionball of Chinaball (sometimes abbreviated to as HKball or HKSARball), also known as Xianggangball is a semi-independent state and a quasi-constitutional "democracy" that is a special administrative region, or SAR of Chinaball located in both East and Southeast Asia, along with his brother Macauball. He is bordered by Shenzhenball to the North, the South China Sea to the South and East, and Macauball to the West across a small strip of the Sea. The state is politically divided into 18 egg-tarts districts (even though he is a city-state, his districts can be described as cities. e.g. Kowloon City) He has a total area of 1,106 square kilometres, making him somewhat the 168th largest state in the world. As of 2016, he maintains a population of about 7.347 million inhabitants, but due to the BN(O) extension, his population might drop to 4.347 million or even more if 3 million BN(O) passport holders decided to move out.
Due to being part of Chinaball, Hong Kong is unable to join any sort of International Organisations.
Like Polandball, Hong Kongball is naive. He is sometimes seen depressed due to the his inner conflict which he has had since 1st July 1997. Chinaball has tried to intervene him, but Hong Kongball often ignores him and rejects him.
Hong Kongball is often seen as one of the 4 Asian Tigers, aka the 4 most developed Asian nations (The other 3 being South Koreaball, Taiwanball, and Tringapore and it has the same status with New York and his nephew London.
His "regional" day is 1st July. Ever since 1997, he takes a holiday to either celebrate
or mourn his return to Chinaball.
His future remains uncertain. Hong Kongball is no longer a British Overseas territory, having been returned to Chinaball in 1997. It has been argued if Hong Kongball is still legally part of UKball as the British army once returned to his clay in late-2016.
- 1 History
- 2 Stereotypes
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Districts
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Links
Neolithic Period times
Hong Kong was born as a happy fishing 1ball, but first known to have been occupied by other caveballs during the Neolithic period, about 6,000 years ago. However, in 2003, stone tools were excavated at the Wong Tei Tung archaeological site, in which optical luminescence testing showed date to between 35,000 and 39,000 years ago. Early 1balls were a semi-coastal people who migrated from inland and brought knowledge of rice cultivation. The Qin dynasty annexed Hong Kongball area into Chinaball in 214 BCE, after conquering the indigenous Baiyue. The region was consolidated under the Nanyue kingdom (a predecessor state of Vietnam) after the Qin collapse, and recaptured by Chinaball after the Han conquest. During the Mongol conquest of Chinaball in the 13th century, the Southern Song court was briefly located in modern-day Kowloon City (the Sung Wong Toi site) before its final defeat in the 1279 Battle of Yamen. By the end of the Yuan dynasty, seven large families had settled in the region and owned most of the land. Settlers from nearby provinces migrated to Kowloon throughout the Ming dynasty.
Opium War (1841 - 1898)
In the early 19th century, UKball got very interested in tea and asked Qingball to trade for tea in exchange for silver. Qingball agreed and sold tea to UKball, and as a result UKball is running out of silver to pay for tea, which UKball is getting addicted to. So, UKball smuggled opium into Qingball in exchange for silver from locals which is then used to pay for tea. Qingball found out and got very angry, and declared war on UKball twice, which Qingball lost twice. He seceded Hong Kong Island to Qingball in the First Opium War through the Treaty of Nanjing, and seceded the Kowloon Peninsula in the Second Opium War using the Treaty of Beijing, as well as paying a lot of money and other treaties that made Qingball weaker and weaker. In 1898, UKball asked Qingball to also cede New Territory (The rest of Hong Kong) to UKball. UKball had sucessfully controlled the entire Hong Kong clay, and Qingball reluctantly agreed as he was getting weaker, near the edge of death, and didn't want to fight UKball.Therefore, UKball got full control of the region for 99 years, which was, until 1997.
Japanese Occupation (1941 - 1945)
On December 8 1941, Japanese Empireball invaded and raped British Hong Kongball. By December 25 1941, Japanese Empireball controlled the entire British colony. UKball was busy fighting Nazi Germanyball, so UKball and the Allies didn't send a lot of troops to defend British Hong Kongball. UKball finally regained control of the region in 1945 when the Japanese Empireball surrendered to the Allied Powers.
In 1967, from inspiration of his brother Portugese Macauball's 12-3 incident that made him closer to the Chinese, and the cultural revolution from Chinaball that made British Hong Kongball into thinking that communism and Maoism is better instead of colonialism, he rebelled against UKball's rule to try and become part of the PRC. There were multiple riots between May and December, and some radical protesters going as far as planting bombs (called "pineapples" locally), resulting in 51 dead, 832 injured, 1936 protesters prosecuted and even more arrested by the end of the riots. The riots, however, failed, and British Hong Kongball remained a British colony until 1997.
Handover to Communist China (1997)
In 1997, he was returned to PRCball. This ended his British
imperialist colonial times and his people automatically became Chinese citizens. This led to him being incredibly mental till this day. However, PRCball (who was under Jiang Zemin's rule) wanted him to have a chance to settle better, so he gave him the role of Special Administrative Region, which will last for 50 years.
Hong Kong's life under Chinese rule is incredibly controversial. The younger generation in Hong Kongball wanted
more tea more freedom, but the older generation was content. This led to a lot of drama which caused protests known as "Umbrella Revolutions".
Anti-extradition protests/anti-government protests (2019 April- now)
In March 2019, Hong Kongball had millions of protesters on the street against an extradition bill which would send Hong Kongers who commit crime outside of Hong Kong to Chinaball. They mainly wanted 5 things: Full withdrawal of the extradition bill, amnesty for arrested protesters, dual universal suffrage(The Legislative Council and the Chief Executive), a commission of inquiry into alleged police brutality, and retracting the classification of protesters as 'rioters'.
The protests started as peaceful ones, but as time passed, both protesters and police gradually became more violent. The Chief Executive of Hong Kong, Carrie Lam suspended the bill. The law was abolished, but the murderer who started it all was let go because there were no laws to keep him in custody. He’s now still free in Hong Kong. The protesters’ remaining requests, however were not answered due to some of the requests needing huge reforms and might cause internal disputes that may lead to another civil war. Due to this, they asked for international help. Many democratic countries such as Germanyball, Japanball, Taiwanball, and USAball supported the protests,
but USAball cared more about making money.
Since July 2020, in response to the National Security Law, UKball sheltered 3 million Hongkongers by allowing Hongkongers who have a BN(O) passport have easier ways to migrate to UKball and easier venues to British citizenship. Hong Kongball's adoptive brother Australiaball also allowed Hongkongers an easier way to migrate, but that made the tension between Australiabal and Chinaball higher. However, all this made Hong Kongball's inner conflict larger.
Hong Kongball has a somewhat British-like attitude. He is mostly seen sipping milk tea due to his addiction to it. A bit hyperactive due to his constant caffeine overdose. When he's not with Chinaball, he is quite nice to other countryballs. When he sees something that he doesn't like, he freaks out. He also likes to swear a lot. His favourite dim sum are shu mai, egg tarts, and butter pineapple buns.
Unlike most countryballs, Hong Kongball does not speak English in a broken way. Although he does speak perfect English, he likes to add a bit of slang or profanity to make the language more unqiue. You need to know a bit of Cantonese profanity(like diu (屌/𨳒)) if you want to understand the true essence of his dialect of the Cantonese language.
A commonly used name for people born in Hong Kong or hold legal residence is "Hong Kongers" and "Hong Kongese".
"Bad Five words in Cantonese" (廣東話一門五傑)
Diu (屌/𨳒), Gau (鳩/𨳊), lun (撚/𨶙), Tsat (柒/𨳍), Hai (屄/閪)
Other curse phrases
- Diu（屌）: Fuck, fuck you, fuck off.
- Ding Ley go fai（頂你個肺）: Headbutt your lung. Used like any swear words, but has no special meaning.
- Diu Ley lo mo (屌你老母): F*** your mother. Sometimes written as "Delay No More" due to a Hong Kong Meme (Cantonese PPAP).
- On Gau (戇鳩): Dumb, idiot. Often written as On9, since the word 鳩 sounds identical to the word 9 in Cantonese.
- Lun(撚): Male genital. Often used as an alternative word to "fuck", and can be used as an adjective with no special meaning.
- Pok Gai (仆街): Sometimes abbreviated to PK. Literal Meaning: Fall on the street, basically the equivalent of DROP DEAD and FLOP in English. Can be used it an insulting manner, or as a joke. (Oh, did you pok gai or something?)
- Hai(閪): female genital
- Fai Chai (廢柴）: Garbage
- Ding (頂): Mean Headbutt something or your organs live your LUNGS or STOMACH.
- Tsat Tow (柒頭): Means dickhead or asshole or retards (or sevenhead/7-head because 柒 sounds like 7 in Cantonese )
- Libtard (自由閪) The literal and actual meaning is Freedom C**t. Locally used as "Freedom-Hi", because 閪 sounds like hai or hi in Cantonese.
- Douchebag (濕鳩): Overestimating yourself,
but in a bad way.
- Haak Guai (黑鬼): The N-Word, used very rarely
because there are not many blacks in Hong Kong.
- UKball - My adopted dad! Those years with him were fun, and I still need to thank him for teaching me the way to brew brit tea!
- Macauball - Fellow Portuguese brother who likes gambling
and wins every time.He is also very friendly and we both drive on the left side on the road. He also leads a more relaxing lifestyle!
- Taiwanball - A fellow dragon! I admire him a lot, he is a great uncle!
Stop forcing me to drink bubble tea please
- Cantonball - My little brother and rich rookie. Kind of... We have similar culture.
- Tringapore - A fellow dragon! He is also a city-state like me! As well as a good twin brother! Also ah, your chicken rice is amazing!
- South Koreaball - Fellow dragon. I love her dramas like Doctor John but sometimes it's just too romantic. She's beautiful and called me the King of the '80s.....
- Polandball - We both have a very similar life as we are both naive balls. We are often bullied by Russiaball and Chinaball, We are also great trading partners and you taught me Polish while I taught you Cantonese. Have you been practicing?
- Canadaball - Adoptive big bro! Also Ukraine's boyfriend, sort of. He also has a very big Hong Kong population diaspora! We also have the same national date. (1st of July)
- Indiaball - Fellow British brother. His curry is amazing! We both hate that tea by Stalin. Ew.
- Japanball - His dad used to be allied with UK during WW1 so technically I guess we can say we fought a world war together....?Japan's friends with me because we have strong economic ties and similar culture (both of us say "hai" a lot, albeit with different meanings), he made some of the best electronic devices and lots of cars in Hong Kong are imported from Japan. Also, sushi and ramen are the best!
- Portugalball - UK's best friend and my twin's adoptive father. I love his anthem and his folk dances that are performed in Macau often.
- Philippinesball - I accepted your apology for what happened in 2010. I'll just forget that. Just send me your OFW it will boost my economy. Thank you. Also i like your food like Adobo, Sisig, Pancit and many more.
- Chaozhouball - The hometown of many successful people in Hong Kong. We have the same language, with a bit of difference in slang, and I admire him in some ways. He is also a businessman and is my trading partner, too. Great food!
MalvinasballFalklandsball - Fellow British brother, although I don't see him often. I actually don't know him.
- Germanyball - Same as Gibraltar, we barely meet. His sausages are tasty.
- USAball - Adoptive brother, UK's most successful son. I like his culture (except/especially the gun-culture stuff
even though you are a cultural desert). Your planes and boats are awesome!
- Brazilball - Very good trading partner. He is also Macauball's strongest brother. HUE is the best!
- Gibraltarball - Fellow brother. We sometimes talk to each other, and he has an annoying neighbour.
- Vietnamball - We got a common enemy, I respect him. Your national breakfast pho is the best. HIS PHO IS AMAZING!
- Malaysiaball - A lot of my people migrate to his clay and he makes somewhat good food. He is brother to Tringapore
BUT DUDE YOUR PEOPLE JUST KEEP PROMOTING MALAYSIAN NATIONALISM IN MY CLAY
- Shanghaiball - We can
rarelyget along pretty smoothly! He is also my skyscraper and economic friendly rival. Your culture is also mixed similar with me.
- Australiaball - An adoptive brother who I visit a lot. He also supports my protests.
- New Zealandball - An adoptive sister who I sometimes visit. I like her sheep.
- Swedenball - UK's Germanic cousin. I like your anthem and PewDiePie is the best!!! BUT please don't fight with my brother Indiaball tho!
- Saudi Arabiaball - A bootlicker of China's money with terrible human rights.
- Cataloniaball - A European friend from half the world away. I also traded with his mother. His food is tasty and I love it.
- Spainball - She is friends with UKball and I also sometimes visit her for travelling. One of my biggest trading partners as well.
- North Koreaball - Copycat who does nothing better to nuke everybody and make empty threats.
- Empire of Japanball - Why did you have to destroy our economy and spirit?
Hong Kongball is a unitary city-state consisting of 18 districts.
Hong Kong Island
- Central and Westernball - My heart. Some people say that Central is my capital, but I'm my own capital.
- Wan Chaiball - Wan Chai has an exhibition centre.
- Southernball - Probably my playground. He has Ocean Park.
- Easternball - Large shopping malls.
- Sham Shui Poball - My poor district full of people suffocating. Nice scrap market though!
- Kowloon Cityball - A walled city and crazy airport used to be here, also big.
- Kwun Tongball - He has McDonalds, also loads of factories.
- Wong Tai Sinball - Lots of temples, perfect for praying!
- Yau Tsim Mongball - Her streets at night are beautifiul!
My eyes tho
- Islands Districtball - He has the best international school ever and is home to westerners. Loves planes too.
- Kwai Tsingball - She is so adorable! My other granddaughter.
- Northball - He connects me to Shenzhenball, t
he home of parallel traders
- Sai Kungball - Expats, backyard garden and fishing with tourism.
- Sha Tinball - He is uh.....ye know, my most populous son. He has horse riding
- Tai Poball - A good boy that loves railways, but he has a weird fucking
- Tsuen Wanball - My financial hub.
- Tuen Munball - Also home to foreigners and he has Portuguese-styled buildings.
- Yuen Longball - MORE TEMPLES
Note that most of these quotes are derived from Chinglish(or Kongish if you want), an unofficial English-creole language in Hong Kong.
- "Milk tea is bettar ah!"
- "LIBERATE HONG KONG!!! REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES!!"
- "STOP PLEASE WHAT AM I THINKING-"
- "Need sheep have sheep." (May you get whatever you want.)
- "Four expensive cheap safe." (May you blessed with peace all year around.)
- "Marry in rich door." (Marry into a rich family.)
- "Attack up hair chok." (May you have a wealthy life.)
- "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- "Have some milk tea."
- "Sing hallelujah to the Lord"
- “Diu nei”( fuck you)
- ”So, where did the pofessar go?”
- Hong Kong in the Hongkongers' wiki (chinese)
- 2019-2020 Hong Kong protests (Polandball Wiki)
- 2019-2020 Hong Kong protests (Wikipedia)