Northumberlandball is a northern countyball of Englandball.
The first true Northumbrian ball was Berniciaball, who unified with Deiraball to create the mighty kingdom of Northumbria, stretching from Hull to Edinburgh. Not all was peaceful, though, as Scotlandball frequently laid claim unto their territory.
In the 1970's and 80's, Northumberlandball became known for their miner's strikes as coal mines shut down around them; the economy is now mostly tourism.
Friends and Enemies
- Tyne and Wearball - Since we divvint have a proper big city, like, ye'll make dee.
- Sunderlandball - Except you. Bloody Mackems.
- Scotlandball - Ye're still mine, pet, but that doesn't stop me from liking ye.
- Cumbriaball - hehe cum-bria... But seriously, like, those are some canny lakes.
- Durhamball - Newcastle Uni is better though. it's just a fact
- Southern Englandball - FOCKIN SOUTHERNERS
- The Midlands - Just because ye say that ye're not Southerners, doesn't mean that ye're not fockin' Southerners.
- Franceball - Isn't this just the South again?
- Manchesterball - Stop hogging Newcastle's limelight, areet? Then we can be friends.