The United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarvesball was a union of several territories and colonies, that was assumed in 1815.
During the Napoleonic invasions, Franceball created the Continental Blockade forbidding European countries to trade with UKball . Yet Portugalball continued to trade with UKball , so Franceball threatened to attack Portugalball if it did not stop trading. Portugalball was in a moment of tension, for UKball was a great ally, but Portugalball would lose a war with Napoleon.
With the help of the British, the royal family flees to Brazilball . Napoleon still tries to conquer Portugalball but ends up losing. Although the war is over, the royal family did not want to leave Brazilball and elevated it to a kingdom , thus creating the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarvesball with the capital in Rio de Jalneiroball .
Revolts, Independence and the End
The Portuguese were not unhappy and wanted the royal family to return since they were now ruled by the UKball . Then on August 24, 1820, the Revolution of Portoball took place, the royal family returned to Portugalball . However, D. João VI names his son Pedro as prince regent of Brazilball .
The Portuguese wanted Brazilball to return to being a colony . But D. Pedro was against these ideas, for which he declared independence from Brazilball in 1822. There was also the Portuguese Civil War in which D. Pedro fought against the "Miguelistas." He ended up winning and abdicating his throne to his daughter putting an end to United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarvesball, although officially, the Union last until 1825, when the Kingdom of Portugalball recongnized the independence of the Empire of Brazilball.
Kingdoms within United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarvesball
United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarvesball is a combined kingdom of
two kingdoms and a province with a title of kingdom three kingdoms.
- Kingdom of Portugalball - The main ball of this united kingdom, he is suposed to be the leader, but the royal family prefer Brazilball. After 1820 the King returns to Portugalball and he becames the leader of the union.
- Kingdom of Brazilball - former Portuguese colony, the Portuguese people didn't like him to stop being a colony.
- Kingdom of the Algarvesball - The third ball of the union. In reality it is technically not a kingdom of the union since it is only a Portuguese province with the title of kingdom and which has remained in the name of this united kingdom.
How to Draw
That's how to draw United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarvesball:
- Color the basic circle shape of white.
- Draw the coat of arms of United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves and the crown in the centre.
- Draw the eyes and you've finished.
|Administrative divisions/districts||Aveiroball • Bejaball • Bragaball • Bragançaball • Castelo Brancoball • Coimbraball • Évoraball • Faroball • Guardaball • Leiriaball • Lisbonball (capital) • Portalegreball • Portoball • Santarémball • Setúbalball • Viana do Casteloball • Vila Realball • Viseuball • Azoresball • Madeiraball|
|Former entities||Migrants from East (Prehistoric Europeans) • Lusitaniball • SPQRball • Visigothic Kingdomball • Umayyadball • County of Portugalball • Kingdom of Portugalball • Iberian Unionball • United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarvesball|